Monday, October 10, 2011

Tattoos


I've been thinking about tattoos for a long time. I've never been able to come up with a design or idea that I thought was great and where to put it.

An idea came to me the other day that I do like. Iconic symbols from my favorite books, each roughly 1 square inch, down the side of my left upper arm. I've already come up with several of them:

The Symbol of the Deathly Hallows from Harry Potter


The Mockingjay from The Hunger Games



The One Ring from The Hobbit/The Lord of the Rings


The 7-pointed blue star from The Magician King


I need to really go through all my books to see if there is anything else I would like to do. If the symbol is for a series, I may do a different symbol for each book in the series, depending on the number of books and the strength of the symbol.

I really like this idea because it's expandable, explainable, not trashy, can be done in parts easily and, most importantly, because it's cool.