Thursday, February 2, 2012

20 Days of WoW Blogging: Day 8 - 10 things you don't know about me

Day eight of the 20 days of WoW Blogging challenge requires that it's participants reveal ten things that you don't know about me. So here we go.
  1. In college I scored a 27 out of 100 on the Putnam mathematics exam. This actually a very good score. In a similar vein, myself and a teammate (Thomas Przybylinski, great name) won a statewide math competition despite the fact that all the other teams had four people. Enough bragging.... 
  2. I just need to code a UI and I'll have a working desktop version of Thrill Digger. 
  3. I used to just lay my toys out and look at them. I'm told this is 'sad'.
  4. Tremors and The Brave Little Toaster are counted among my favorite movies.
  5. I once used a walkie talkie to listen in on a cordless phone conversation. What I heard was my mom talking about how her sons weren't into sports.
  6. On my elementary school bus, I was called 'booger boy' by a couple girls older than me.
  7. When I worked at a movie theater, I once slapped the manager (male) on the butt. A year later, a coworker (female) pinched my butt several times when I was leaning over the counter to look at the candy display. Also, when the assistant manager commented on how I had made friends with another coworker so quickly, the manager commented that I was "Doing her in the butt." This was not true. #lolbuttslol
  8. I took judo one semester in college. It was really fun.
  9. I once told a girl at a summer camp that I didn't have a crush on her because I was too anxious about what would happen if I told her I did like her.
  10. My freshman year of high school, my parents (read "mom") called the school and asked if the principal would talk to me about why I never have friends over to the house to visit or wanted to go visit friends at their homes. One day, I was called out of math class to the office. I was really confused about what was going on, since I never got into trouble. I went into the principal's office and was greeted by the principal, an aged Monsignor by the name of Father George Tribou. We talked for a while and he asked me about why I never had friends over. I told him that I just never really felt like it and that I was perfectly happy just being at home, doing my home things. I explained that i did have friends at school, but I just kept them there, so to speak. He understood completely and told me that there were tons of other boys just like me and that I wasn't weird at all because of it, that I was perfectly normal. He relayed this information to my parents and we never really talked about. He died later that school year because of complications from a stroke. I've always cherished that talk we had.
Bonus item: Sarah and I have considered dancing to this song at our wedding.